On Mac, we primarily use the Safari web browser to surf the internet, and it is no doubt one of the best web browsers. It is stuffed with several beneficial features that enable you to do more than just browsing the internet. However, if you wish to read a web page offline, you will need to convert it into a PDF file. Converting web pages to PDF on Safari could be a little tricky as compared to Chrome, which has a simple method.
Gladly, if you follow the steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to effortlessly create a PDF out of a webpage. Once you learn it, you would be able to save webpages into PDF files rather easily.
Why Save WebPages into PDF on Safari Mac?
While you surf the internet on the Safari browser, you might find some important details that you would like to store in your device in the PDF format. Sometimes, when you surf the internet, you may come across essential information such as an online transaction slip, essential receipts, business details, and more. These important pieces of information should be kept safe in your device if you wish to use them in the future.
PDF is the most widely used file format that enables you to store text and graphical-based documents safe in your device. You can open a PDF file even when not connected to the internet. You can take your blog posts, social media posts, and other items offline by exporting web pages into PDF format.
How to Export a Web Page in PDF format on Safari Browser?
To save essential web pages in PDF format on a Mac, follow the instructions given down here:
- First and foremost, open the Safari web browser on your Mac.
- Open the webpage that you wish to take offline as PDF.
- Once the webpage loads completely, click on the File tab from the upper menu.
- Then click on “Export as PDF” to continue to create a PDF from the current webpage.
- You should now see a popup for creating PDF out of the webpage you are currently on.
- Provide a name for the PDF file or leave the default name as it is.
- Select the file path for saving the file.
- Finally, hit the Save button to take the webpage offline into a PDF file.
- Voila! Your webpage has been successfully saved to the location you picked.
How to Open the PDF Version of Saved Webpage
Once the web page is saved, you can open it anytime as per your wish. If you are facing issues while finding the saved file, then follow the instructions mentioned down here:
- First and foremost, recall the folder or the location in which you saved the PDF file.
- Then navigate to the file path or location you saved the webpage.
- Find the PDF file by carefully looking at the file names.
- If you are unable to find it, you might have forgotten the location in that you saved the file. In such cases, open the Spotlight search.
- The Spotlight search feature is situated on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Put in the name of the file that you are looking for.
- Choose your PDF file from the result.