RTF is the abbreviation of “Rich Text Format” which is a text format file that is used to save and store the content with formatting such as Bold, Italic and photos. If you are saving your document using RTF, then you can easily save formatted text with formatting effects in place of other format files such as TXT.
There are several Windows text editors and word processors available supporting several RTF files. MS Word, Corel DrawPerfect, Notepad++, LibreOffice, AbiWord, OpenOffice etc. are rich text documents.
One can launch this file type in various compatible devices through navigating to the File section and then hit the Open tab there. If you are new to launch RTF files on your machine, then this article will help you as there are various methods mentioned below to launch the RTF files easily.
Easy Procedures to Launch RTF Files on PC
The complete process is very easy to open RTF files on your device, and you can apply some of the easy tricks to do the same.
Using Adobe Reader DC to Convert RTF files on your PC to PDF
The most compatible method of launching RTF files on your device is to convert first to PDF by using Adobe Reader DC. In this manner, your file will be safe and easily accessible for the sharing process.
If you use Adobe Reader DC, then you will require very little programs on your device for this process as this process is quick and makes the converting process quick and stable. You may easily open RTF files and then share it to anyone with ease.
There are various features that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is providing to its users:
- Launching any type of large files.
- Creating PDF documents.
- Transforming from the PDF format to MS Word or Excel.
- Adding passcode to documents.
- Adding and syncing digital signs.
Using Google Drive to Launch RTF Documents
Users are also allowed to open RTF files using Google Chrome web browser or any compatible browser supporting web applications of Google. You can easily edit and save various types of documents in Google-based cloud storage system with Google Drive. You may also edit your RTF files to launch on your device using this drive. Google Drive provides 15 GB of storage capacity without any paid subscription. You have to launch the page on your device and then set up Google+ account if required. After that launch the RTF files in GD as mentioned below:
- In the beginning, hit the “Go to Google Drive” option located at the Google Drive homepage to launch the cloud service section.
- Now, tap the My Drive button and then hit the Upload Files option there directly from the menu tab.
- After that, you have to choose the RTF files to save your document in Google Drive, followed by tapping the OK tab.
- Next, once Google Drive holds your chosen content or file, then you have to apply the right mouse click on the RTF file’s icon situated at the GD page.
- Then, hit the Open with the option there.
- Now, you may choose the relevant option for opening the file on your Google Docs with ease.
- Once you launch your RTF document in Google Docs, then a second copy will automatically be generated in Google Drive in the format of GDOC that is the edited one.
- Restoring File Back to RTF Format
- To restore your file from Google Drive to RTF format, you have to pursue these guidelines:
- Hit the File tab.
- Now, press the “Download as” option and then choose the tab “Rich Text Format” for restoring your edited files back to RTF format just after finishing your edit job.
Launching RTF Documents in Google Chrome
One can also launch the file on web pages or search engines in Google Chrome through Docs Online Viewer. The particular extension supports Rich text Format for the convenience of its user to launch online documents in Google Chrome.
Here is how to launch linked RTF files with Docs Online Viewer
- First and foremost, launch the Google Chrome web page and then add its extension.
- Now, you have to add a particular “Docs Online Viewer” feature by the respective button to the browser’s toolbar.
- Hit the available link to launch Docs Online Viewer page on Google Chrome.
- Hit the View this Docs file tab located inside the same docs hyperlink situated on the respective page to launch Word file sample on Chrome.
- Users may launch RTF files in Chrome just as similar as described above. They have to type “RTF document file samples” on Google.
- Now, Google will provide listings of three RTF documents situated at the uppermost section of the search page. Then hit the tab “View this RTF File” to launch the file on Chrome.
Note: Users can easily launch RTF documents without any extra software. You have to launch the RTF file on Google Drive to edit it. You can also launch the associated RTF file on a web browser effortlessly through Docs Online Viewer.